Toddler rushed to hospital after eating pot candy – Kid Hospitalized After Pot Candy

Jamie Chambers, Fox5KSWB, San Diego, CA, April 25, 2014

On April 19, 2014, Frances McQueen, found her daughter stumbling and unresponsive; she rushed the toddler to Balboa Naval Hospital in San Diego, CA. The toddler was moved to the pediatric intensive care unit where doctors were preparing to do a spinal tap when the results of a toxicology report came back showing THC in her system. THC is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

According to the mother, the little girl most likely picked up the piece of marijuana candy found on Imperial Beach where she attended a party. There is a nearby medical marijuana store.

She was held in the hospital for 24 hours until fully recovered.

“McQueen decided to go public with her story in the hope that medical marijuana users will realize that they need to treat the drug like they would any other dangerous prescription medicine. She said it should be labeled and kept in child-proof prescription medicine bottles to keep it away from curious children.”


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top