Colorado lawsuit alleges cannabis overdose from fairground candy

Keith Coffman, Reuters Denver, August 8, 2014

A man ends up in the hospital after overdosing on THC from a marijuana chocolate candy bar given to him by a County Fair vendor promoting the drug. The Denver County Fair had a “Pot Pavilion” where Jordan Coombs was offered the marijuana food product.

Coombs reacted violently to the candy bar and went to the emergency room where doctors determined he had overdosed on THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. He was hospitalized.

Coombs has filed a negligence lawsuit against LivWell, a marijuana business in Denver.

Fair officials said there were rules against any marijuana being allowed on the fairgrounds.

Source:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/08/us-usa-marijuana-colorado-idUSKBN0G80RW20140808

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top