Latest News

Colorado lawsuit alleges cannabis overdose from fairground candy

Keith Coffman, Reuters Denver, August 8, 2014

A man ends up in the hospital after overdosing on THC from a marijuana chocolate candy bar given to him by a County Fair vendor promoting the drug. The Denver County Fair had a “Pot Pavilion” where Jordan Coombs was offered the marijuana food product.

Read more...

Maureen Dowd on pot candy bar: ‘I became convinced that I had died’

Jessica Durando, USA TODAY Network

June 4, 2014

Maureen Dowd, a columnist for the New York Times, told a terrifying story of eating a marijuana-infused candy bar. She was in Denver, Colorado reporting on legalized marijuana.

Read more...

Toddler rushed to hospital after eating pot candy – Kid Hospitalized After Pot Candy

Jamie Chambers, Fox5KSWB, San Diego, CA

April 25, 2014

On April 19, 2014, Frances McQueen, found her daughter stumbling and unresponsive; she rushed the toddler to Balboa Naval Hospital in San Diego, CA. The toddler was moved to the pediatric intensive care unit where doctors were preparing to do a spinal tap when the results of a toxicology report came back showing THC in her system. THC is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

Read more...

Quotes and Facts

"Prescribing marijuana to relieve medical symptoms is like throwing an anchor to a drowning person instead of a life raft."
Bob Lynn, Ed.D.